4th ANNUAL AGRIBIOTECH INDIA SUMMIT 2020
7.63 billion is the current population of the world, and this figure is expected to reach 9 billion by 2050. Farmers across the globe are expected to meet this ever-growing demand.
The Indian Agriculture sector is one of the largest in the world and one of the major contributors to the nation's GDP. This sector is faced with some tough challenges such as reducing land resources, increasing consumer demands for improved food quality and safety, unpredictable weather conditions, clubbed with increasing biotic stress, international competition and have caused a choking effect on the industry.
Biotechnology has been used as a strategic tool for quite some time, dating back to being used in fermentation of wine. The technological advancement in recent times in the field of biotechnology have brought to light various applications of biotechnology that can accelerate the Indian agriculture sector to greater heights
At the 4th Annual AgriBiotech India Summit 2020, we seek to establish a platform to facilitate a comprehensive dialogue on how biotechnology can be the key to developing sustainable agriculture, to eradicate myth with scientific evidence, Combining science with strategy.
Bojja Dasrath Rami Reddy
Consortium of Indian Farmers Associations (CIFA)
Senior Field Application Specialist - APAC.
LGC, Biosearch Technologies
Dr. Ajay Kumar Singh
Principal Research Scientist & Head R&D
AG Bio Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Dr. Arvind Kapur
Acsen HyVeg Pvt. Ltd.
Dr. Basavaprabhu. L. Patil
Senior Scientist (Agricultural Biotechnology), Division of Biotechnology
ICAR – Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR)
Dr. KBRS Visarada
Indian Institute of Millets Research
Dr. L. K. Pandey
Ananya Seeds Pvt. Ltd.
Dr. N. Barathi
Growmore Biotech Ltd.
Dr. Ramanjaneyulu GV
Centre for Sustainable Agriculture
Dr. Ramesh V. Sonti
National Institute of Plant Genome Research (NIPGR)
Dr. R. K. Yadav
Head - Principal Scientist (Agronomy)
Central Soil Salinity Research Institute
Dr. Samresh Dwivedi
Director Research & Nutrition
Ananda Pvt. Ltd.
Dr. Santanu Kumar Bal
Principal Scientist and I/C Head
National Institute of Abiotic Stress Management (ICAR)
Asia Regional Coordinator
Centre for Agriculture and Bioscience International (CABI)
Expert Vision Labs Pvt. Ltd.
Dr. Venkatesh Devanur
Agri Life, C/o. SOM Phytopharma (India) Ltd.
Enza Zaden India Pvt. Ltd.
KEY FOCUS AREAS
- PPP for Agri-Biotechnology in India | A collaborative approach for commercially viable projects
- Overcoming the challenges and looking at the opportunities with the regulations on biotechnology for crop sciences in India
- Targeted genome editing across seed species
- Bio-Fertilisers / stimulants: India's approach towards the sustainable vegetable production
- Big data and cloud computing in Agri-bioinformatics
- Applications of molecular markers in plant tissue culture research
- Nanotechnology in crop improvement
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Chief Executive Officers / Managing Directors
- Chiefs of Research & Development
- Heads of Biotechnology
- Chief Scientific Officers
- Heads of Regulatory Affairs
- Lead Biotechnologists
- Heads of Tissue Culture
- Heads of Sales & Marketing
- Heads of Strategic Alliances
FROM WHICH VERTICALS?
- Seed manufacturers
- Bio-fertilisers manufacturers
- Crop protection companies
- Herbal drug manufacturers
- Bio-fuel manufactures